2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

A few Uconnect ?'s

6K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Jysidron 
#1 ·
I got my car back from the deal yetserday after 17 days...I had asked them to update the Uconnect with the new software, but I don't see the via mobile apps under apps. Is there a way to check what version I have?

Also, is there a place to sign up to find out when new updates come out, for Uconnect and Nav? I saw that the update had come out on this forum (thank you) but it seems there should be a way for them to let us know.

Lastly, I have been searching for info on the wifi. Does anyone know what the bandwidth is (ie will Netflix work on it, because I know if it is not high enough it will not, like on Southwest Airlines). And is unlimited usage for the time period you pay for or is it capped at a certain GB limit?

Thank you!!!

#4 ·
I haven't heard anyone mention that they have the UCONNECT wifi. Here's the link about it: http://www.driveuconnect.com/features/wifi/
It says its 3G and can stream video, but I haven't heard of any real-life performance reports.

#7 ·
Costs money, doubt its very fast...better off tethering to your phone if ever in a situation that would call for the need. Can purchase by the day, week, or month iirc

#9 ·
Remember when you set up your Uconnect account you MUST add a credit card/payment option to unlock the apps.

Frankly besides the useful pandora integration, they have nothing special which I could live with just mounting my phone near the screen anyway.

#10 ·
Actually, no CC is required, you can skip that step if you want.

#14 ·
You have to log in to the service online on the uconnect website first

#16 ·
yeah sorry, owner connect is the correct site
they definitely know how to make things hard to get to

#17 ·
I can vouch for no cc required. I registered my account last night. I went through the motion of purchasing unconnect but no cc was required. I just received my emails for my 1 yr free subscription.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.