2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Turbocharger setup for 2.4L

12K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tyler-98-W68 
#1 ·
So, iv'e been thinking for a while now and Im getting closer to the idea of turbocharging my 2.4L KL. The extra HP would be nice since putting larger tires on will hurt the power on the small engine.

I KNOW. I KNOW... WHY DIDNT I JUST GET THE 3.2L V6 IF I WANTED MORE POWER?

I want to turbo the Inline 4 because im into weird combos, although there are a lot of 4cyl like evo's that are turbo'd.

Anyways, i'll be coming up on 80,000km soon which means my warranty will be up and I wont be voiding it if I do it now. (been wanting to turbo since ~ 55,000 km)

Obviously there will need to be a lot of work besides slapping on a turbo and intercooler and calling it good enough. The max PSI that I would run would probably be 5-6 psi but even though that would only add up to +40-50hp, I absolutely LOVE turbo spools, Its a weird obsession.

Finding supporting mods would be very hard to find, ie stiffer valve springs, more heavy duty gaskets, cylinder head bolts, piston rings etc etc...

Items needed:

-Turbocharger
-Intercooler
-Wastegate
-Blow-off valve
-Bigger injectors
-3" Stainless steel tubing (pod filter to turbo to intake manifold)
-2.5" Stainless steel tubing (exhaust manifold to turbo to cat)
-Pod filter
-Boost gauge
-Braided oil lines / water lines
-Dyno time for tune (will be $1000+ alone)
-something else im missing.

I know that the 2.4L's arent very popular but thats what will make it more cool and unique.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey, look into the turbo for the 2.4l Dodge Dart. Might save you some time. Also, the brainstorming thread was made to help save from criticism, so you are save there. I say go for it. If it works you'll have one of a kind setup. If it doesn't, well we will all know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Xinarin13
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.