2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Headlight bulb removal

64K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Mark_ 
#1 ·
Okay so what is the trick to get the covers off the back of the headlights? Do they unscrew or pry off ?

#3 ·
If you're talking about the cover in the wheel well; turn counterclockwise on the 2014, 2015 remove the wheel well lining.

#4 ·
Okay so what is the trick to get the covers off the back of the headlights? Do they unscrew or pry off ?
They unscrew like the others stated... be careful when unscrewing those plastic retainer screws because mopar at this time does not sell them individually and it's easy to mess them up if just using a flat head. I used a 1.5 inch putty knife and it worked like a charm and did not mess up the retainers. Some others have used the top edge of a box cutter razor which is almost the same size as the flat head seam on the retainer. Also, it's best to slightly push into screw retainer when turning. Hope that helps.>:D

#10 ·
Wow how tight are those round covers, tried for a little while can't get them to budge, turning counter clockwise. Suggestions ?
They are tight. Mechanics gloves may help with grip/pain, and a bit of a wiggle while turning.

Reactions: B J Douce
#12 ·
2016 jeep cherokee limited.
Need help to access the headlight bulbs on a 2016, and location of adjustment screws on the projector headlights. The dealer wants to charge my $92 dollars to adjust the headlights, that is absolutely ridiculous.
Note: There is no longer a door in the wheel well to access the headlights. Bad design on Chrysler/Jeep for taking that away.

#14 ·
Sorry fo rthe late reply, I didn't see your post until now. If you are still waiting on an answer...
Member @David_Baker posted a nice pic of the adjuster screw, just follow next link :

http://jeepcherokeeclub.com/65-elec...-blinding-everyone-front-you.html#post2431409
... and I'll throw in a pic of it on the headlamp assembly :

(use a 6mm hex bit (aka Allen wrench))

Do you have to remove the airbox? It's kind of cramped
to even grip the cover and turn it
HI there,

There are two techniques :
1) From behind through the wheelwell : remove 3 screws on the wheelwell adn peel back for headlight access (and fog light access too). You can do this without removing wheels ; just crank steering wheel to one side.
2) From above by removing airbox (passenger side) and battery (driver side).

Good luck... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.