2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

What have you done today to your Cherokee?

548K views 2K replies 408 participants last post by  Fj4080 
#1 ·
I did this in another forum an it was loads of fun to see some daily posts.
Today I installed my aFe Pro 5R air filter, the install also gave me a reason to buy a nifty telescoping magnet, first Jeep I've owned that had screws instead of clips for the air box. I had a K&N on my Liberty that made a huge difference with mileage and acceleration. Hopefully this will give me similar results.

#730 ·
Today, I dropped Badger off at one of the Jeep dealers for a high-pitched/whistling noise I've been experiencing during normal driving (appointment is tomorrow morning). I happen to know that some folks here have had issues with their rear transaxle, and that there is also a TSB on the matter as well. Seeing as I'm still under the drivetrain warranty, it should technically be covered. I did also make a note that my sunroof has a slight leak when it's raining, and/or if at a car wash. I am aware there are channels that run the water down and out of the vehicle, but figure it's something I'd like to have them check out also. We'll see what happens when I get the call tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm driving my Mom's 07' GC CRD, so it's not as though I'm downgrading really. ;)

Reactions: 04Freedom
#733 ·
Lumping Saturday and Sunday together... "Today," I joined a local Jeep club for my Cherokee's sake! Looks like I may be the only KL in the bunch. These folks are definitely off-roaders. Looks like I found some mentors to follow...!

#737 · (Edited)
Added red pin stripe to hood outlining the black, rewire orange front lights to marker lights and put in afe dry drop in filter results for that unknown.

Attachments

Reactions: ckl
#739 ·
Hmmm motion detector, that has possibilities!!!

#740 ·
Not much has been done to it lately. Wife has been driving it over the past couple of weeks. Its way over due for a wash.

#741 ·
My poor Cherokee hasn't even been driven in two weeks now... I'm gonna take it camping this weekend and enjoy some time on the lake!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#743 ·
Got Badger back today from the dealer.

Yesterday, I had to go to the dealer to replicate the high-pitched noise I was hearing, but they couldn't. I replicated it, the guy heard it too, and he would show it to the mechanic. Today, they call me to say they couldn't pinpoint exactly where the noise was coming from, so I was forced to take my car back. Felt as though I wasted a whole week for this quite honestly, although they did fix the sunroof leak, so it wasn't a total waste.

My favorite bit though was the mechanic basically said he's hoping for the noise to get worse, so I can take the Jeep back in, and get it sorted then. I find that rather dumb, because all you'd have to do is put the thing on a lift, raise it enough so the wheels are not touching the ground, and put the car into drive until you start hearing the noise. I know a guy who has a lift, so maybe I'll consider doing that. My Dad used to have a lift, but not since he sold his storage unit a few years ago.

The only other thing I can think of off-hand is it's the rear transaxle, like I was suggesting. The mechanic said he checked the wheel hub/bearings, brakes, and whatnot, and found nothing. What I might end up doing is replacing all the diff fluid (both front and back), and seeing if that does anything.

Other than that, car drives just as good as it does, minus the annoying noise. Badger just needs to stop scrapping his nails on the chalkboard.

#749 ·
Bought replacement tow hooks. Painted them with engine enamel to the orange accent color that I'm working on for several parts on my TH. They'll get installed in probably a couple weeks or so when I can get the time.

When I swap them out I'll likely be selling the stock ones here for anyone that might want them.

#752 ·
Hmm, actually I don't really know. I thought I had a good reason, but thinking back I don't. I know I wanted to have the unmodified originals in case I wanted to switch them back, but I could have waited to buy the replacements when that situation actually happened, and not "just in case".

(shrug) - just a dumb move, I guess - haha.

Reactions: David_Baker
#753 ·
In 30 years as you watch your Trailhawk roll onto center stage at a Barrett Jackson auction with its original hooks, commanding Top Dollar, you'll get the last laugh. Hehehe.

I've done the same thing on another car. Get new parts, mod/paint them, and keep the assembly line originals in original condition. :nerd:

#759 ·
Finally gave it a wash yesterday after about three weeks of neglect in that department. Also vacuumed up some parakeet seeds in the rear compartment after transporting a parakeet back to its home. We were "parakeet sitting" for a son.

#760 ·
Cargo lights

I added 1 eagle eye 9w led to each of the back posts just over the groove for the tonneau cover by the hatch with a switch on the drivers side. Took power off the stock cargo light which to my surprise the positive stays hot after the stock lights go out so the switch controls the lights.

#762 · (Edited)
This was actually yesterday, but I removed my UHMW 1.5" @HazzardSky Trailhawk Lift and installed the Aluminum HazardSky Trailhawk+ lift with the reinforcement kit! :D

Also, discovered a possible oil leak and made an appointment at the dealership to get it looked at... :/

Oh, and I got my A-pillar lights (mounts courtesy of HazardSky Fabrication) aimed so they actually light up the area in front of me: not my hood and the trees! :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HazzardSky
#763 ·
Looks good tbrou6229! do you have any side shots?

#768 · (Edited)
Added second light to each side firing down just to the inside edge of the speaker. Lights up the whole cargo area.

Attachments