2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2016 Owners - Request

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  JPGuy026 
#1 ·
Could I ask you folks that have a 2016 Cherokee with a few thousand miles experience to share your service/maintenance experience? Excluding the normal oil, filter, wheel balancing, etc. routine stuff, what kind of problems, if any, have you experienced?

I have a 2014 with 40K miles on it. Mine is the first year of the new model, and I’ve had several issues that I’ve tried to just mark up to first year model problems. I’m curious if Chrysler has adequately addressed these things in the later models.

Here are the issues I’ve experienced:

- 2,300 miles , vibration in lower gears. Front CV joints and axles replaced but this didn’t fix it. Dealer replaced the rear transmission support strut which fixed it.
- Multiple transmission flashes
- 12,059 miles, Replacement of leather on the front driver’s side seat due to premature wear of the upper seat bolsters. This occurred again at 23,500 miles. Bother covered under warranty.
- 31,121 miles, Check engine light that was finally addressed by replacement of the transmission! ?
- 38,639 miles, Oil pressure sensor failure
- 39,845 miles, Replacement of the left front ball joint/steering knuckle. This was a $700+ out-of-pocket cost

So, have these issues been fixed in the later models?
Thanks,

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a 2016 Trailhawk I bought new in October 2015 and has an August 2015 build date, it now has 38500 kms on it, I've changed my own oil since new every 8000kms, I had it in for an alignment after installing my hazzard lift at 23000kms at which time the dealer did a thorough check over and tire rotation, they found nothing wrong and I have had absolutely zero issues with mine, couldn't be happier with it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
2016 Cherokee with 27,000 miles on it. Other than the occasional glitch it's not had to go to the dealer for anything that wasn't a quick fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sgrim and deevemon
#5 ·
I have a 2016 TH. Build date was Oct 2015. Haven't had an issue yet. I have changed my oil twice. I bought it January 2016. We have cold Winters and hot muggy Summers so I change the oil twice a year regardless.
I will be changing wiper blades some time this month, and have the cabin filter in the house, just haven't changed it. I took the TH in for a recall on the torque for the DS wiper but mine was well within specs so nothing was done to the arm but I did rotate my tires as I have that done every other oil change as well. Again no problems..., yet?

#6 · (Edited)
Purchased mine last August 24. I now have a little over 4,000 miles on it. Trip to the Dealer for the TSB concerning the rear seat squeaking (it was actually the driver's side roof rail rear mount being loose!) and my sunroof banging. This was fixed with some of the $200 tape used to silence the squeak in the rear seat! So, the tape was put to good use. Oil change notification has not happened; my Service Advisor suggested that I get the oil changed at 5,000 miles.

#9 ·
2016, November 2015 build date, just over 15K miles, purchased 12/29/15, the only issue, rear axle whine that was fixed under a TSB, never affected availability.

2 oil changes, just got new wipers, filters engine and cabin but, won't be changing them till the pollen count lowers here.

Reactions: deevemon
#10 ·
Thanks for all the input! Maybe the early model problems have been addressed. I love the vehicle except for the numerous dealer visits and would conside trading it in for a later model once convinced of improved quality.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Champagne InHand
#11 ·
I think Hawkeye wins the numbers game. I purchased in November 2015, build date September 2015. I've got 68,000km on it and have done regular oil changes when the computer says to and replaced the front wipers twice. Changed tires over to BFG KO2s. I suspect my struts are going to need replacing soon. Dealer said no, but I get some judder on washboard and an uneven road I don't remember being as bad earlier. Considering it's under warranty for another 35000KM, I don't know why they just don't do it.

No issues, and I've kept the UConnect system up to date myself.

#17 ·
...Considering it's under warranty for another 35000KM, I don't know why they just don't do it...
I think I know why... They get more money if you pay for the fix than they get if the factory pays for the fix. Keep bugging them.

Reactions: dhh3
#13 ·
Wiper recall has been it. Build date 11/2015

#18 ·
I have a 2015 with a May 2015 Build date. No problems at all.

Reactions: deevemon
#22 ·
Desoto posted the torque spec in a thread. I checked mine and it was fine. I have lifetime synthetic oil changes at the Dealership, so while in for the oil change they found the open recall and did it.

Reactions: Champagne InHand
#23 ·
I only so far had one issue which was the high pitched whine in the rear diff module. There was a TSB where the module needed to be replaced at 13k miles. My Uconnect screen once just went black but came back on an hour later. Other then that I've been good no major issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.