2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums - View Single Post - Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:51 PM
Shoulder
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
A crossover is just a jacked up car. Crossover or not, it is still a Unibody. So, I beg the question: is not our Cherokee a true Jeep?
Not directed at me, but I say that all Jeeps are real Jeeps. Yes, even the SRT8 (which I seriously like), or the recently announced Trackhawk. Yes, they are all Jeeps. The hardcore purists will always say the Willys, CJs, and Wranglers are the only real Jeeps, but it's like saying the only real Porsche is the 911 (or 356 if you want to go back further).

And just adding onto this, unibody, or body-on-frame, that does not define what is considered a "real" Jeep or not. If the original Jeeps were unibody, and then the other models were body-on-frame, then the same folks would likely say only unibody Jeeps are the real ones. It's purely from a relative standpoint. It's no different than when people talk about how a unibody pick-up truck is not a real truck i.e. Honda Ridgeline, which I personally think is a great truck, and I'm not a truck person.

Imagine if the Corvette went with a turbo V6 instead of the trusty V8, or used AWD instead of RWD? Would people be saying it's not a "real" Corvette? Btw, the original C1 had a I6 as one of the engine options, which I found out. Would that still be considered a real Corvette?

2014 Cherokee Trailhawk V6: Deep Cherry Red w/ hood decal
Cold Weather Package | Tow Group | Convenience Package | Leather-trimmed Bucket Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | CD Player | 8.4Nav | 9-Speaker Sound | Tonneau Cover | Off-Road Accessory Kit

Search Tags for this Page

jeep cherokee forum

2014 jeep cherokee
jeep cherokee