2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

What have you done today to your Cherokee?

548K views 2K replies 408 participants last post by  Fj4080 
#1 ·
I did this in another forum an it was loads of fun to see some daily posts.
Today I installed my aFe Pro 5R air filter, the install also gave me a reason to buy a nifty telescoping magnet, first Jeep I've owned that had screws instead of clips for the air box. I had a K&N on my Liberty that made a huge difference with mileage and acceleration. Hopefully this will give me similar results.

#1,537 ·
Purchased a service contract, Two full synthetic oil and filter changes with tire rotations $110.00 No other fees like oil disposal etc. Bargain . Now I will go out and check the oil level to confirm proper fill. I will be putting up for sale 5 Tires and wheels ( Winter ) I'll grab some pics and post in the for sale section. Plan on heading to warmer climate next spring

#1,540 ·
I guess it depends on dealer/location. Our service contract
was $80.00. It covers Two full synthetic oil and filter changes
with tire rotations.

:wink:

#1,541 ·
So far this year, I've driven over 25k miles, and we're barely into October. As far as mileage goes, I'm at just under 97,300 miles, which also means my powertrain warranty is almost up. I'm planning to get an appt set up for the Cruise control recall over the next few days, and an inspection done just to make sure everything is good.

I fully expect to hit 100k miles by the end of the year for sure. :)

Reactions: crash486
#1,543 ·
New tires, actually a couple of days ago.

Cooper Discoverer AT3s. Tire Rack has a closeout sale on them for $123.87 each with free shipping, before a $70 rebate on a set of 4.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Cooper&tireModel=Discoverer+A%2FT3&partnum=465TR7DAT3OWLXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Jeep&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Cherokee%204X4&autoModClar=Trailhawk

I bought a used set of Tralhawk factory wheels and tires with 20,000+ miles on them and then put 18,000 more on. Still had a decent amount of tread, but they had gotten really noisy. Like the Coopers so far. I'll get them in the sand in a couple of weeks.

#1,545 ·
I got a XPEL film put on the front of my jeep the edge of the hood, (I did not do whole hood as I did not want to make my mate black alplecsy shiny) the fenders mirrors and door handles.

Reactions: crash486
#1,546 ·
Bought some more weatherstripping 3/4” by 7/16 inch thick foam. I put it on the second wind strut from the bottom up. I figure if I’m gonna get a brand new Jeep badge installed on Monday on the hatch I should keep it from getting scratched up this time!!!!

I had already done the bottom wind strut.

Sent from my TI-99/4A

Reactions: Omicron and UN4GTBL
#1,547 ·
Bought some more weatherstripping 3/4” by 7/16 inch thick foam. I put it on the second wind strut from the bottom up. I figure if I’m gonna get a brand new Jeep badge installed on Monday on the hatch I should keep it from getting scratched up this time!!!!
Sent from my TI-99/4A
This is a great idea. Same issue with my garage.

Reactions: XJ99
#1,548 ·
Actually glad to see I'm not the only one, though mine was a bit more severe.
The control arm attached to the garage door hit the lift gate hard. The damage was not even really noticeable at the time.
A really small dent but that dent ever so slightly bent the frame out of alignment of the liftgate ever so slightly.
Talked to a body shop and said it could be pounded out but...…
Landed up putting an entire new liftgate frame in and reusing all the stuff off the old one except the badges.
Came out perfect except they could not locate a "Active Drive II" badge. Found one on e-bay and put it on very carefully as once the adhesive touches the paint its not going anywhere.
Was not a cheap venture but well worth it. One of my more costly mistakes that will not be repeated, I hope.

The body shop said it happens more than you would think.

#1,551 ·
Don't feel too bad, I've hit the garage door button with the
hatch open a couple of times. The door hits, and then stops.
Since I park on one side, or the other I haven't had the arm
hit. (YET) Every time I've had to use the emergency release
on the garage door, and let the hatch down at the same time
to prevent any real damage.

#1,552 ·
Do any of the different trims (or any Jeep) offer a lift gate with an adjustable gate?
Our 2013 trade in SOB had one...
Kick your foot under the bumper, grab it and hold it at the height you want, hold a few seconds and that's where it would stop.

I keep a towel by the door to cover the lift gate as it comes up :surprise: no scratches YET.

#1,556 ·
Dropped mine off at the dealer. And just got a call. That they’re having to replace the shifter. Will be having to keep it until Wednesday while waiting for the part. Since it’s “technically” not safe to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of loaner did ya get?

#1,559 ·
My Rhino-Racks came in today! Got them installed. I did my homework, and these things are tough! I put one on the floor stood on the center of it it won’t even budge.

Very happy!

Sent from my TI-99/4A

#1,561 ·
Mine whistle like mad! I think it's because part of the bottom is open?

A buddy said tape it up and see if it does then...

#1,564 ·
I'm going to use tape to seal the bottoms first. If it works,
I'll contact Rhino and get the proper trim pieces for the
bottom of the rack...

#1,565 ·
Problem solved! I used painters tape just to see if it would work.
Temp fix until I can call Rhino...

Vinyl!

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#1,571 ·
I tapped out my stock radio antenna hole to 1/4 36 threads. I can now mount any SMA antenna on there! The stubby does sacrifice a little bit of radio reception. If I put on a longer antenna it works just as good a stock if not better...

Sent from my TI-99/4A

#1,572 ·
Replaced my front marker lights (under the DRLs) with some amber LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs. No issues since they're not monitored. Slightly brighter than original, but not too much. I mainly did it because I like the idea of having less bulbs to replace. [emoji6]

Not much to see in pictures, but I took some anyways. (Fogs are just on for the pics, put down the pitchforks.)

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk