2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Wireless charging pad option?

14K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeep2015 
#1 ·
What do you all think of the wireless charging pad option? If I'm right, that option debuted as a MOPAR accessory on the Dodge Dart. Has anyone used this pad in a Dart or another Jeep? Does it work well? I like the idea, but I want to make sure it's worth the money.

My current iPhone 5 will not charge through an inductive charging pad like the Jeep option. So what cool gadgets or other devices can I charge with this?

#4 ·
I don't think that many devices are Qi native which is the spec for the charging pad so for now it seems like a useless gimmick. I guess we'll have to see how it pans out in the future. Seems to take up a lot of space in the center console forcing the phone to be horizontal instead of storing vertical.

#9 ·
@wcjeep should be an easy add aftermarket

#10 ·
you will still need the IQ charging case for this to work. pretty micky mouse if you ask me. A cable has never done me wrong. I also have no want to change my case just to charge my phone.

#11 ·
Not if you have a Qi compatible phone.

Reactions: wcjeep
#17 ·
EE myself.

Reactions: TonyC
#19 ·
I've done some reading on wireless charging with a Galaxy S3. It appears that it's unnecessary to replace the back cover for wireless charging. You can buy a small card to install under the back cover for under $15 and it will charge with the original cover on. As for an added case, it's still supposed to work with the case on as long as the case is no more than .2" thick.

I've never worried about close proximity to a microwave oven. Should I begin making plans for a premature demise?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.