FOR SALE Stubby Antenna - Page 2 - 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums
User Tag List

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 240
Sold!

Mods, this can be closed - looks like I'm outside the window to close it myself. Thanks.
Mark_ likes this.
sedona47 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:25 PM
Forum Elder
 
Mark_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedona47 View Post
Sold!

Mods, this can be closed - looks like I'm outside the window to close it myself. Thanks.
Good stuff. Too bad I already had mine, because the Stubbys cost a fortune here in Canada. Can't remember what I paid exactly but it was almost double what you pay in the US. And it's not just the dollar, it's cross-border tarrifs on certain goods. Same deal for most car accessories... I wanted to buy a new Yakima roof rack system (mine is very old and banged up), but what we pay up here is ridiculous (ok, outrageous). If I could just find an excuse to drive down, buy and install over there and save a fortune, but the border is kinda far from where I live lol.

Anyway, that was a great deal on the Stubby there. Lucky buyer

My avatar is the Elder Predator (goes well with my forum status and overall temper )
2015 North (Canada) - V6 - AD1
Cold, Tow, 8.4A, 9 speakers with sub
Mark_ is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_ View Post
Good stuff. Too bad I already had mine, because the Stubbys cost a fortune here in Canada. Can't remember what I paid exactly but it was almost double what you pay in the US. And it's not just the dollar, it's cross-border tarrifs on certain goods. Same deal for most car accessories... I wanted to buy a new Yakima roof rack system (mine is very old and banged up), but what we pay up here is ridiculous (ok, outrageous). If I could just find an excuse to drive down, buy and install over there and save a fortune, but the border is kinda far from where I live lol.

Anyway, that was a great deal on the Stubby there. Lucky buyer
Just glad someone else can use it. If you noticed from the pic in his intro post he needs something up top there!

Is the Cherokee sticker price marked up much in Canada or about the same?

Funny how the cheapest (or at least best) HID kit was from Xenon Depot in Ontario. The prices seemed reasonable and shipping was quick to the US. I didn't know it was coming from Canada until I saw a 1% foreign transaction fee hit my credit card.
sedona47 is offline  
 
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 08:35 PM
Forum Elder
 
Mark_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedona47 View Post
Just glad someone else can use it. If you noticed from the pic in his intro post he needs something up top there!

Is the Cherokee sticker price marked up much in Canada or about the same?

Funny how the cheapest (or at least best) HID kit was from Xenon Depot in Ontario. The prices seemed reasonable and shipping was quick to the US. I didn't know it was coming from Canada until I saw a 1% foreign transaction fee hit my credit card.
I just had a look at his first post and you're right... nothing ! The Stubby will hit the spot !

I haven't compared prices for a while, but yeah we do pay more up here. Prices don't fluctuate evenly with our dollar's value, it's more of an Auto Pact thing drawn up a long time ago in a trade deal between our 2 countries. Right now our dollar is about 25% lower than yours but car prices are not 25% higher. The situation was reversed a few years ago when our dollar was stronger than the US buck, but we still had higher sticker prices because of the Pact. For the longest time we couldn't buy used cars from the US because of differences in some safety features (like we had 5mph bumpers and you guys had 3mph bumpers, etc...) adn then one day they harmonized everthing and we were able to buy used from the US again, which was great when our dollar was strong. Not so great nowadays lol.

About XenonDepot : yeah, I was surpised too. They are in Windsor (Ontario), just across from Detroit, but they use the US buck for business. So I paid 25% more for my HID kit... bummer... but got some of the sting off with the Black Friday deal, heh. I wasn't aware companies could do that. Oh well...
sedona47 likes this.

My avatar is the Elder Predator (goes well with my forum status and overall temper )
2015 North (Canada) - V6 - AD1
Cold, Tow, 8.4A, 9 speakers with sub
Mark_ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stubby Antenna Paddy Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 1 09-06-2016 03:56 PM
Stubby Antenna review sedona47 Exterior 39 07-20-2016 01:01 PM
Stubby Antenna Question travclem7 Exterior 9 05-10-2016 10:14 PM
Installed a stubby antenna Dnymud Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 19 09-12-2014 03:09 PM
Stubby Antenna - Thoughts? Cincy TH 2014+ Jeep Cherokee General Discussion 1 03-23-2014 08:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On