MAKE STICKY: ALLPAR Cherokee Flash Page - Page 3 - 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums
User Tag List

 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Premium Member
 
mults's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by mults View Post
I have no problem doing that. Let's see where we're at AFTER I pick it up later.
Well, I just got back from the dealer and he told me that they did not do the TSB because they could find nothing wrong. It shifted smooth, had no codes and otherwise all indicators were where they should be. I did mention that sometimes it is smooth and others not so much (like when you call the TV repairman and the TV is working just fine). He was not opposed to doing it, he just thought that the trans was still "learning". It has only 2000 miles and I do only drive a few miles to work and back, so... He wants me to amass some more miles to see if it improves at all. I told him about the forum members who had it done with excellent results and he said that he had NO PROBLEM doing the TSB if I think it has not improved.

I am due for an oil change in the next month or so, and if it is still "clunky" it's going back in. I didn't have to fight with him and he does understand where I am coming from, so I'll reserve judgment for another day.

mults


2014 Trail Hawk | 3.2 V6 | Tow Package | Cherry Red | Brown Leather | Hood Decal | Cold Weather | 8.4AN | 9 Speaker | CD Player | Black Wheels | Comfort Package
mults is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 04:15 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
pl15300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: California
Posts: 246
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjeep View Post
Just picked up my new Cherokee Latitude the other day. I was reading the forums about this update and mentioned it to the dealer as I was driving off with the car. He said the car has the latest updates and to not worry about what was written online.

Seems fishy. Is there a way to check to see if they actually preformed this update?
Do you know what the build date is? If it's after May 5th, it should already have the update. Actually, I read that all unsold Cherokees sitting on dealer lots should automatically get the upgrade as well.
pl15300 is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl15300 View Post
Do you know what the build date is? If it's after May 5th, it should already have the update. Actually, I read that all unsold Cherokees sitting on dealer lots should automatically get the upgrade as well.
It was built in March. I read the same thing but I'm doubtful that the dealer actually did it.
ncjeep is offline  
 
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 5
Just had the flash done on my Limited FWD.
The shifting is better but not completely better.
Reported to Chrysler engineer.
Otherwise we love it. The only thing missing is the power from the 2006 Charger R/T that we traded in.
Pakuma is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 138
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mults View Post
Well, I just got back from the dealer and he told me that they did not do the TSB because they could find nothing wrong. It shifted smooth, had no codes and otherwise all indicators were where they should be. I did mention that sometimes it is smooth and others not so much (like when you call the TV repairman and the TV is working just fine). He was not opposed to doing it, he just thought that the trans was still "learning". It has only 2000 miles and I do only drive a few miles to work and back, so... He wants me to amass some more miles to see if it improves at all. I told him about the forum members who had it done with excellent results and he said that he had NO PROBLEM doing the TSB if I think it has not improved.

I am due for an oil change in the next month or so, and if it is still "clunky" it's going back in. I didn't have to fight with him and he does understand where I am coming from, so I'll reserve judgment for another day.

My dealer did not want to do mine either, took it to another town- different dealer, and no problem. Took about 2 hrs.
Drummerlarrys is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Member
 
brichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 81
is there anyway for us to tell what we have now? I just got my Cherokee and was curious if I have the latest update. Thank you
brichi is offline  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 207
Garage
Transmission update

Just dropped my Cherokee of for its first oil change, I mentioned that it has been shifting poorly but not terrible and a slight 2nd gear wobble, nothing like other members have been experiencing but noticeable. Service manager said they have done a few updates with success and also replaced a few trans. He did confirm that there IS another trans update coming out soon. I will update when i get it back later today if it helped.
bjdjr is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Forum Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Agassiz, BC
Posts: 2,286
This is the first I've read about that particular recall, and our dealer has not yet contacted me. But our TH was built 25 Apr and it runs so beautifully that there is no way I will take the chance of anyone mucking it up by fiddling with the transmission settings! No Way !!!

('14 cherry TH V-6, Comfort/Tech/Tow)
'15 Wrangler JKU Altitude, loaded.
TedB is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 13
What mileage is everyone changing their oil at


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
wcool01 is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcool01 View Post
What mileage is everyone changing their oil at


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
There has been a few oil change threads. here is one

When do you change the oil?
TnTZing is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official JEEP Renegade page jkolker The Car Lounge 40 05-14-2015 03:11 PM
Post Trans Flash update - please discuss results after the TSB's have been performed jeevy81 Engine and Technical Discussion 126 04-25-2014 09:28 PM
On Hold - Adaptive Cruise Flash?? Macinator Cherokee Purchasing and Orders 1 04-16-2014 04:32 AM
New Facebook Page soulfish The Car Lounge 9 01-18-2014 08:54 PM
Just about time for a wheel and/or tire thread sticky? bruceg Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension 3 01-15-2014 10:48 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On