🐰🐣 The Hunt Is Over! Easter Sale On Now! 🐰🐣 - 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums
User Tag List

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
JeepCherokeeClub.com Vendor
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 878
🐰🐣 The Hunt Is Over! Easter Sale On Now! 🐰🐣

Going on now at XenonDepot.com!




Happy Easter! We thought of starting the festivities a little early by offering great savings storewide! Save on HID Kits, LED Bulb Upgrades, Halogen Bulbs and more products!

Use our Shop by Vehicle tool to find the right lighting for your Jeep Cherokee, and the most up-to-date Cherokee lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 | info@xenondepot.com

XenonDepot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
RhinosGoMoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: outer Bay Area, CA
Posts: 140
Do you or anyone else know which color most closely matches the KL stock DRLs? 4300k or 5000k?

[sent via tapatalk] 2014 KL Latitude V6 AD1

2014 KL Latitude AD1 V6
RhinosGoMoo is online now  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Forum Elder
 
Mark_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinosGoMoo View Post
Do you or anyone else know which color most closely matches the KL stock DRLs? 4300k or 5000k?

[sent via tapatalk] 2014 KL Latitude V6 AD1
We have members who have reported a good match for both.

My opinion : only oncoming cars see your lights at night, because you're behind the wheel, so what matters most to you should be output, not color matching. 4300K offer the most usable output.

Trust me, oncoming cars don't care if the headlights match the DRLs. What they do care about is proper headlight aim (yours) and their eye comfort. 4300K is more comfortable to look at than 5000K or higher (higher temp color = worse).

Guess which ones I have ? Yeah, 4300K.

My avatar is the Elder Predator (goes well with my forum status and overall temper )
2015 North (Canada) - V6 - AD1
Cold, Tow, 8.4A, 9 speakers with sub
Mark_ is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
RhinosGoMoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: outer Bay Area, CA
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_ View Post
We have members who have reported a good match for both.

My opinion : only oncoming cars see your lights at night, because you're behind the wheel, so what matters most to you should be output, not color matching. 4300K offer the most usable output.

Trust me, oncoming cars don't care if the headlights match the DRLs. What they do care about is proper headlight aim (yours) and their eye comfort. 4300K is more comfortable to look at than 5000K or higher (higher temp color = worse).

Guess which ones I have ? Yeah, 4300K.
"Stay tuned to the 5:00 news folks, coming up after the break, tonight's segment of 'What You Should Care About.' You WON'T wanna miss this."

Lol just giving you a hard time. I couldn't help myself.

No, I hear you. I'm very much a 'function over form' kind of guy, but that doesn't mean form isn't still a lesser factor. To me, anyway. (Everyone has their own opinion, right? Some people ONLY care about appearance. I don't condone that.) I think the KL is a gorgeous vehicle, and I want to compliment that by replacing the ugly, poor-performing yellow halogens with a set of beautiful, well-performing clean white HIDs. I'm not paying $200 for a pair of pretty colored lights. I'm paying that much for better road illumination and increased safety for myself and for other drivers around me. But if enhancing the look is integrated into that purchase, then why not?

I don't need the sets of lights to be a dead-on match, but I'd sure like it if they weren't glaringly obviously different. If either color matches fine, and the 4300 outperforms the 5000, then 4300 is a no-brainer. If the performance gain was negligible but the 5000s matched way better, I would go for the 5000. Performance holds a lot more weight to me, but appearance is a consideration too.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, if that's how it sounds. I do appreciate your input. Just letting you know where I'm coming from.

[sent via tapatalk] 2014 KL Latitude V6 AD1
Mark_ likes this.

2014 KL Latitude AD1 V6
RhinosGoMoo is online now  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Forum Elder
 
Mark_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinosGoMoo View Post
"Stay tuned to the 5:00 news folks, coming up after the break, tonight's segment of 'What You Should Care About.' You WON'T wanna miss this."

Lol just giving you a hard time. I couldn't help myself.

No, I hear you. I'm very much a 'function over form' kind of guy, but that doesn't mean form isn't still a lesser factor. To me, anyway. (Everyone has their own opinion, right? Some people ONLY care about appearance. I don't condone that.) I think the KL is a gorgeous vehicle, and I want to compliment that by replacing the ugly, poor-performing yellow halogens with a set of beautiful, well-performing clean white HIDs. I'm not paying $200 for a pair of pretty colored lights. I'm paying that much for better road illumination and increased safety for myself and for other drivers around me. But if enhancing the look is integrated into that purchase, then why not?

I don't need the sets of lights to be a dead-on match, but I'd sure like it if they weren't glaringly obviously different. If either color matches fine, and the 4300 outperforms the 5000, then 4300 is a no-brainer. If the performance gain was negligible but the 5000s matched way better, I would go for the 5000. Performance holds a lot more weight to me, but appearance is a consideration too.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, if that's how it sounds. I do appreciate your input. Just letting you know where I'm coming from.

[sent via tapatalk] 2014 KL Latitude V6 AD1
It's all good

Just to be a little argumentative myself... (hahaha) : I still don't get it about the *look* thing with DRLs matching the drapes. Uh I mean the headlights
Here's the thing : when do you get to see your own lights ? Seriously... Others see your lights, not you, unless you enjoy standing in front of your idling car at night, to enjoy your color matching skills while you burn gas... lol. Of maybe you enjoy looking at pictures of the front of your car with all the lights on.
If not... then only oncomers see your lights. And all they care about is how little they offend, not how cute they look because they match. And like I said up there, yellow is the least offending car light color, and as you go up in temperature you get more *blue* and blue light is annoying as... to the human eye (censoring myself )

I wasn't lying when I said those who bought 4300K said the match with the DRLs was close enough. The absolute truth : LEDs are more like 6000K (blueish going on purple), but still have enough *white* that 4300K (neutral white) looks close enough.
The performance difference between 4300K and 5000K isn't huge, but it's there.

No worries getting 5000K, they are close to 4300K. I just went with the least offending that had the most lumens
RhinosGoMoo likes this.

My avatar is the Elder Predator (goes well with my forum status and overall temper )
2015 North (Canada) - V6 - AD1
Cold, Tow, 8.4A, 9 speakers with sub

Last edited by Mark_; 04-06-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: oops typo
Mark_ is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
JeepCherokeeClub.com Vendor
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 878
I'm not sure I can add much at this point seeing as you guys have it figured out
I will say that from personal experiences, I find that the warmer tones of the 4300k color temperature do a much better job illuminating the road when it's wet outside. You're not going to "go wrong" either way though.

Steve

Use our Shop by Vehicle tool to find the right lighting for your Jeep Cherokee, and the most up-to-date Cherokee lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 | info@xenondepot.com

XenonDepot is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Premium Member
 
SS_Syndicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 280
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
I will say that from personal experiences, I find that the warmer tones of the 4300k color temperature do a much better job illuminating the road when it's wet outside. You're not going to "go wrong" either way though.

Steve
I agree with this and will add reflective signs and painted stripes can be a bit harsh with the cooler light. We have 5000k LEDs in our JKU and I actually squint a bit from some new road signs in an otherwise dark rural road. However, the cooler colors do AMAZING in snow.
XenonDepot likes this.

SS_Syndicate is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
RhinosGoMoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: outer Bay Area, CA
Posts: 140
Anyone have a picture with XD 4300s installed?

[sent via tapatalk] 2014 KL Latitude V6 AD1

2014 KL Latitude AD1 V6
RhinosGoMoo is online now  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 177
I will have a picture today. I'm currently running 5k in my headlights and will be installing 4300k in my fogs today
Chevyguy2021 is online now  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
JeepCherokeeClub.com Vendor
 
XenonDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 878
I believe that @Mark_ posted some pictures of his light output when he installed them, am I mistaken?

Use our Shop by Vehicle tool to find the right lighting for your Jeep Cherokee, and the most up-to-date Cherokee lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 | info@xenondepot.com

XenonDepot is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rapid Gear Hunt On Freeway CherokeeOwner01 Transmission Discussion 10 07-05-2016 10:35 PM
Happy Easter! kytrailhawk 2014+ Jeep Cherokee General Discussion 3 03-28-2016 10:43 AM
>>XenonDepot Summer 2015 Sale - Every Item On Sale<< XenonDepot XenonDepot 16 11-24-2015 04:56 PM
New Easter egg?? Smally127 2014+ Jeep Cherokee General Discussion 22 07-24-2014 02:20 AM
Easter Eggs... May contain spoilers Trailhawk 2014+ Jeep Cherokee General Discussion 2 12-06-2013 04:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On