How to change the engine air filter of a V6
don't know if anybody posted this already but i changed my engine air filter yesterday and wanted to share with you the easy steps that I have done.
I have about 16 000 miles.
1. Open the hood (obviously) and take off the engine cover.
2. The air filter is on the left hand side and has 5 screws.
3. take the 5 screws off and pop-up the cover, you will find the air filter.
4. Just take it out, try to clean a little bit the inside. Mine had some sand and i could see that water got there too.
5. put the new one in the same place and close the top with the 5 screws.
And VOILA it is done and very easy to do.
In Attachements you can see the steps and the difference between the old one and the new one.
The old filter was filled with some leafs so i guess changing the filter every year is needed. It cost me 45$ in Canada, bought it from the dealership.
Quick question for those who look under the hood, is it normal that my engine is so dirty??? I never had an engine so dirty in less than a year...
I hope it will help some of you, it is very easy and will help you save extra money to buy a new cabin air filter that i changed too actually and it was DIRTY!!!
I really recommend to change your filters (cabin and engine) at least once a year.
Thank you for reading.