Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Erie, PA & Leesburg, FL
If someone was contemplating doing something like this, thought that I should capture anything worthwhile.
I used 1 1/2" x 1/8" aluminum for the two brackets and drilled a 3/8" hole in each and also in the bumper behind the hood. I mounted the brackets with 5/16" stainless hardware. I used the light bar hardware to mount the light to the brackets. I routed the harness into the engine compartment and made connections there and mounted the two relays on a bracket using an existing attaching bolt. The wiring that is routed into the passenger compartment was unprotected, so I wrapped them with heavier tape since they will be exposed to weather. The switch was routed through the carbody openings and through the bonnet around the steering column and attached it on the left side of the lower dash next to the steering wheel. Everyone needs one goof up and mine was losing the rubber plug when I pushed it out from the inside - it likely landed on a skidplate, but it could have been beamed up to the Enterprise. I have a rubber patch inside and heavy tape outside until I find something better - either the plug or waterproof tape.
I tried to post a couple of photos, but the iPad is fighting me tooth and nail. Pi$$es me off!
2015 Trailhawk; 2.4L; Factory Tow package; 8.4A, 6 speaker - upgraded with Pioneer (dash) and Rockford Fosgate (doors) speakers; Remote CD; Rage Powersports roof bars; GoRhino black hitch step; Auxbeam 12" LED light bar.