She's Finally Going In - 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
jdd
Enthusiast Member
 
jdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 126
She's Finally Going In

Have had Cherokee for just under two years and it's got almost 33k miles. I'm finally taking it into the service department for some work for the first time next week. Always nervous about transmission updates screwing things up. It's a March 2015 build and for the most part the transmission has been good. Lately though I'm getting rougher down-shifts on deceleration and more delayed down-shifts when accelerating, especially out of turns. I hope the latest update can smooth things out without messing with the 3-2-1 deceleration down-shifts. Only other problems in 33k miles I hope to address are:

Hollow knock or rattle sound in the front strut area when going over bumps.
Schizophrenic heater either blasts hot air or vent in cold air, no in between.
Power lift gate randomly won't open, just beeps.

Other than that, this has been the best vehicle I've owned. Wouldn't change a thing, except if I could have waited one more year for a 2016, maybe I would have liked to do that, we'll see what ends up happening with transmission.

2015 Cherokee Limited
True Blue Ext. Indigo Blue/Brown Int.
3.2L V6
SafetyTech Group
Technology Group
Luxury Group
Trailer Tow Group
Uconnect 8.4AN
9 Speaker with Sub
jdd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Forum Elder
 
David_Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sunny subtropical Noosa Heads, QLD, Australia
Posts: 1,667
Garage
When your tail gate doesn't open does it give 2 softer beeps instead of the lthree loud beeps? That's what mine is doing and they have no idea

Sent via Tapatalk from a small keyboard on my phone with fat thumbs and no glasses...

Cheers, Dave.


2015 Granite Pearl Trailhawk 3.2L V6 with Aussie Lift and 245/70 R17 Duratracs

Technology group | Comfort/Convenience Group | Electronics convenience group | Safety and Security Group | Panoramic Sunroof | Leather Interior Group |
Uconnect 8.4N Am/Fm/DAB/Bt/NAV with 9 Speaker + Sub | Trailer Tow Group.
Born 6th June 2015, Adopted 31st August 2015
CLICK HERE FOR THE AUSSIE LIFT INFO!!!
David_Baker is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 05:29 AM
Hardcore Member
 
Renthorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dexter Michigan
Posts: 759
JDD - have you had any other transmission updates? I have a Nov '14 build (2015 TH) and have never had a transmission update except the current one.
Renthorin is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
jdd
Enthusiast Member
 
jdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Baker View Post
When your tail gate doesn't open does it give 2 softer beeps instead of the lthree loud beeps? That's what mine is doing and they have no idea

Sent via Tapatalk from a small keyboard on my phone with fat thumbs and no glasses...
Yes, I believe it is two beeps, but I can't remember for sure. I think it has something to do with the latch. I've had it up and it will give the beeps trying to close. I'll then move the latch on the door a little but and it will seem to move a little bit more open if that makes sense, then I'll press button again and it will go down and shut. Give it a try next time it happens to you. Use a screwdriver or something besides your finger because it's greasy and you can get your finger pinched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthorin View Post
JDD - have you had any other transmission updates? I have a Nov '14 build (2015 TH) and have never had a transmission update except the current one.
Nope, never been in and never had any updates. The R02 TSB/Recall did not apply, I did check on that, so I'm hoping I have a newer hardware version of the transmission and I don't lose 3-2-1 down-shift on deceleration with the latest update.

2015 Cherokee Limited
True Blue Ext. Indigo Blue/Brown Int.
3.2L V6
SafetyTech Group
Technology Group
Luxury Group
Trailer Tow Group
Uconnect 8.4AN
9 Speaker with Sub
jdd is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Have had Cherokee for just under two years and it's got almost 33k miles. I'm finally taking it into the service department for some work for the first time next week. Always nervous about transmission updates screwing things up. It's a March 2015 build and for the most part the transmission has been good. Lately though I'm getting rougher down-shifts on deceleration and more delayed down-shifts when accelerating, especially out of turns. I hope the latest update can smooth things out without messing with the 3-2-1 deceleration down-shifts. Only other problems in 33k miles I hope to address are:

Hollow knock or rattle sound in the front strut area when going over bumps.
Schizophrenic heater either blasts hot air or vent in cold air, no in between.
Power lift gate randomly won't open, just beeps.

Other than that, this has been the best vehicle I've owned. Wouldn't change a thing, except if I could have waited one more year for a 2016, maybe I would have liked to do that, we'll see what ends up happening with transmission.
Hi jdd,

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you would like me to follow up with your dealership for you!

Andrea
Jeep Social Care Specialist
JeepCares is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally!!! Trail Rated Jeep Cherokee Reviews 6 11-24-2014 10:19 AM
Finally!!!!! JimmyTH New Member Introductions 8 08-04-2014 11:46 AM
Finally! harleymhs Owners' Garage 17 05-30-2014 07:48 AM
It's finally here! AKGrown Owners' Garage 6 05-26-2014 07:58 PM
Finally !!! scorpn Cherokee Purchasing and Orders 5 03-19-2014 02:55 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On