All members agreed to abide by the following rules when you created your forum user account.
“Although the administrators and moderators of the Jeep Cherokee Club will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Jeep Cherokee Club, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of the Jeep Cherokee Club reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.”
These are the terms that are displayed during registration that you must accept to continue.
With that being said,there have been a number of attacks on new users recently who were thought to be trolling. These attacks give the forum the impression of being unruly and unfriendly. This behavior needs to stop or we will be forced to take action against the offenders. For this reason we are laying out rules for the forum.
Rules for the forums:
1) Please keep the posts to a courteous and respectful tone in the Cherokee and Technical sections. It is very hard for users to pick up the tone by reading a message. What you meant as humor may seem like an attack to another user.
2) Please do not clutter the technical forums with needless chatter and off-topic comebacks. This makes it hard for new users to find the information they are looking for. We have a section of the forum set aside for off-topic conversations.
3) Personal Attacks. Any post or thread that is seen to be aimed as an attack directed at any other member will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with someone then we would urge you to take it up with them through PM or by e-mail. Any threads of this content will be edited/deleted by Admins or Moderators, and if the problem persists from the same member then we will look at taking further steps. Posts like this have no place on a public forum. We ask that if a member sees a post of this kind, that you report it to a Moderator/Admin.
4) If you are the victim of a personal attack,we would encourage you to NOT reply to the post/thread that has offended you. Instead report the post. We will then take the necessary steps to remove the offending post/thread and will also PM the member who is guilty and issue them a warning about their conduct. Please DO NOT reply to the thread as it will only serve to fan the flames of an argument.
5) Politics and Religion need to be confined to the off-topic area.
6) This is not a place to air your personal grievances toward fellow members. Take it off-line.
7) No racist remarks, including derogatory slang, be it overt or covert, will be tolerated. This also applies to sexist, ageist, and any other form of 'ist.
8) Vulgarit yand Profanity need to be left at the door. The same feelings can be expressed without resulting to expletives. This includes all the ways of creatively misspelling them to bypass the filters.
9) The classified section is just that. We have no way to police the transactions nor do we have any inclination to do this. The only thing we will do is assure that transactions remain civil. The transactions take place between the party listing the for-sale or wanted to buy and the individual buying or selling. If a transaction goes bad, this board is not responsible. Buyer beware.
10) Only Authorized Vendors are allowed to make any references to their business on the site (including profiles, avatars, signatures, posts and threads, etc.). If a user who is NOT an Authorized Vendor violates any of the above, the moderators/admins will remove the content without any notification. Repeated violation of this rule will result in a suspension of your account.
9) Do NOT create drama on the site.
This will result in an immediate suspension of your account. If you have a grievance with another user or even a moderator, take it to Private Message to work out your differences and/or bring it to one of the Admins.