So took the vehicle back to the dealer.. they updated the "changer solenoid software" and it fixed the 4th to 5th bump..... charged me $70.00 even although I am still under the 100,000 km warranty.. complained to FCA and got my $70 back...
I'm interested in the 4th to 5th bump your Jeep was doing because we may be experiencing the same thing. If you don't mind, I'll list what ours does and ask you if it is similar to what yours was doing.
- Happens as much as once every couple weeks.
- When it happens it often occurs a couple times during the drive.
- Usually happens when it is warm out; like in the => 80's F.
- The transmission is fully warmed up, temp at 165° F.
- Often happens during normal accelerations; as opposed to unusual situations like having to back off the gas as the shift is about to occur.
- The bump or thud is hard and loud enough to startle the wife and I, and have other passengers ask, "What was that?"
- It feels something like popping the clutch on a manual transmission.
Here is a short video. With the sound turned up the thud can be heard. Are any of these things similar to what yours was doing, or did yours do the 4th to 5th bump most every time? If yours was behaving in a similar manner, I'll take mine in and mention the update to the "changer solenoid software".