Info on do it yourself lift - Page 8 - 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums
User Tag List

 41Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
 
Len1304's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hurst, Tx
Posts: 4,146
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge600 View Post
You are exactly right, full extension length is very similar but compressed length is much shorter for the kings and fox. And also the only reason they will bolt up and the bilstiens won't is because of the inverted design. The funny part about the picture you attached is that I was swapping bilstiens for fox on a 2015 JKU with a six inch lift and 37's when the lightbulb went on. I talked with a suspension guru I know about where the shaft will be in its travel and was told it shouldn't be a problem due to the lighter rear weight ok the TH over the front weight of the JK. Only one way to find out! And besides, I can have the kings revalved to my liking.


What about while towing? Or geared out like mine? I'm 6000lbs and have to run airbags at 15psi just to keep from sagging.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk v6 (TOTALED)
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk v6

Contact me privately via Instagram @Len1304

Check out my album: http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/Len1304/story

http://jeepcherokeeclub.com/4-2014-2...rum-rules.html
Len1304 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:06 PM
Premium Member
 
SS_Syndicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 429
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge600 View Post
You are exactly right, full extension length is very similar but compressed length is much shorter for the kings and fox. And also the only reason they will bolt up and the bilstiens won't is because of the inverted design. The funny part about the picture you attached is that I was swapping bilstiens for fox on a 2015 JKU with a six inch lift and 37's when the lightbulb went on. I talked with a suspension guru I know about where the shaft will be in its travel and was told it shouldn't be a problem due to the lighter rear weight ok the TH over the front weight of the JK. Only one way to find out! And besides, I can have the kings revalved to my liking.
Isn't it fun I kinda like that the KL needs so much ingenuity to modify. On my recent blog post about our custom roof rack cross bars; I commented that our KL continues to be the most "built not bought" Jeep we have owned.

I can't wait to hear how this turns out.
Xinarin13 likes this.

SS_Syndicate is offline  
post #73 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:40 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
edge600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len1304 View Post
What about while towing? Or geared out like mine? I'm 6000lbs and have to run airbags at 15psi just to keep from sagging.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The beauty of the high end shocks is they are custom valveable! And if you don't mind spending the $ you can get them with external adjusters as well. Oh and rebuildable as well, for when the oil is shot lol
SS_Syndicate likes this.
edge600 is offline  
 
post #74 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
 
Len1304's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hurst, Tx
Posts: 4,146
Garage
Info on Do it yourself lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge600 View Post
The beauty of the high end shocks is they are custom valveable! And if you don't mind spending the $ you can get them with external adjusters as well. Oh and rebuildable as well, for when the oil is shot lol


If it turns out they work, you can likely count me in. After of course I spring for the Dobinson springs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk v6 (TOTALED)
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk v6

Contact me privately via Instagram @Len1304

Check out my album: http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/Len1304/story

http://jeepcherokeeclub.com/4-2014-2...rum-rules.html
Len1304 is offline  
post #75 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:43 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
edge600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Syndicate View Post
Isn't it fun I kinda like that the KL needs so much ingenuity to modify. On my recent blog post about our custom roof rack cross bars; I commented that our KL continues to be the most "built not bought" Jeep we have owned.

I can't wait to hear how this turns out.
I had the king rep tell me the KL is un-liftable. I said come take a look at mine then! im at 4 1/4 over stock right now.
edge600 is offline  
post #76 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Premium Member
 
SS_Syndicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 429
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge600 View Post
im at 4 1/4 over stock right now.
I know.... I'm super jealous

SS_Syndicate is offline  
post #77 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 01:44 AM
Premium Member
 
Xinarin13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 1,325
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge600 View Post
I had the king rep tell me the KL is un-liftable. I said come take a look at mine then! im at 4 1/4 over stock right now.
This ^^^ is why the market is suffering for kl mods... everyone thinks a lift can't be done so they just don't bother with anything else. Shoot, the renegade has a ton of stuff and is only half as capable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Len1304 and Alfrik like this.

"Blu"
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2 V6 w/Stop Start
Valpacer "Aussie" Lift
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 265/65R17
Xenon Depot Xtreme HID 5000K Headlights
Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Phillips Fog Lights
Rocky Road Super Sliders
Technology Group
Cold Weather Group
Trailer Tow Group
Safety Tech Group
Comfort and Convenience Group
Panoramic Sunroof
Xinarin13 is offline  
post #78 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 07:29 AM
Enthusiast Member
 
Alfrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Markham
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge600 View Post
I had the king rep tell me the KL is un-liftable. I said come take a look at mine then! im at 4 1/4 over stock right now.
How have you managed that, and what has happened to your CVs?!?

\ | | | | | | | /

"Hawkeye" 2016 Granite Crystal Metallic TH, 3.2L, Cold Weather group, Tow group, Premium Leather group, 8.4AN HID Headlight upgrade Build date: 09/2015, BFG KO2 265/65/17, RRO Winch mount, RRO Super sliders.

Alfrik is offline  
post #79 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Desertrider83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 68
I'm glad this thread is back on track. Great shock info as after loading up half a pallet of rocks, and seeing the back drop like a hot knife through butter, I'm looking to eventually invest in stiffer suspension that can handle more load.
Desertrider83 is offline  
post #80 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
edge600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfrik View Post
How have you managed that, and what has happened to your CVs?!?
Dobinsons suspension and polly spacers left over from my Aussie lift. No issues with the cv's as of yet and don't expect any as it has no more droop travel than the standard Dobinsons setup.
edge600 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MFC Lift and Aussie Lift Combine Ghost202 Southern California 1 10-18-2016 04:29 PM
UHMW Spacers Ordering Info (Valpacer Lift) henry2513 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension 51 05-15-2016 02:37 PM
Looking for WA info AGP The JCC Lounge 2 03-06-2016 01:24 PM
Need octane info mjrsmr New Member Introductions 18 01-20-2016 09:52 PM
If you want info LonePinePete New Member Introductions 3 08-17-2013 01:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On