It depends. Sometimes it can be really finnicky, and if i press media and press bluetooth it will connect to bluetooth and stay on bluetooth. Some days if i press media, and press bluetooth it will switch over to AUX by itself, or it will switch back to the radio all by itself. Sometimes the AUX option will be lit up when i press media and available or other times it wont be lit up and wont be available.
Ok. Sounds like an intermittent problem. Here are some suggestions in the order I would address them; keeping in mind I don't know anything about this system.
- If within bumper-to-bumper factory warranty, take it to dealer.
- If under an extended warranty that covers this problem, take it to dealer.
- Find out from dealer how much it costs to diagnose/fix problem.
- If too much, remove Media Port and Head Unit to check connections and resistances on lines between them: should be below 5 ohms.
- If Ok, inspect AUX port for damaged/dirty prongs and repair if possible.
- Purchase another Media Port at a salvage yard and install.
In reality, I'd have the dealer fix it because I have a Mopar extended warranty.