Are YOU Ready For Dangerous Weather? - Page 2 - 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums
User Tag List

 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:09 AM
Enthusiast Member
 
Alfrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Markham
Posts: 445
I admit I'm not this prepared. I've got emergency ration bars in the Jeep, and my wife's car. I've got a lifestraws in both, as well as a Sawyer SP126 plus extra bags. Glowsticks, tac flashlight, nitrile gloves, emergency blankets plus actual blanket. Flint, leatherman, FRMS (to be replaced by the CB in the next month or so), trenching tool, inflator and deflator, and a first aid kit. I've got a tub in the garage with canned goods and some dog food, and a small gym bag with a couple of days of clothes. The house is usually stocked with canned soups, food we can each year, and a couple of flats of water.

I should look at getting a proper kit and list together.
Mudman1 likes this.

\ | | | | | | | /

"Hawkeye" 2016 Granite Crystal Metallic TH, 3.2L, Cold Weather group, Tow group, Premium Leather group, 8.4AN HID Headlight upgrade Build date: 09/2015, BFG KO2 265/65/17, RRO Winch mount, RRO Super sliders.

Alfrik is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Forum Elder
 
Mudman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Northwoods
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfrik View Post
I admit I'm not this prepared. I've got emergency ration bars in the Jeep, and my wife's car. I've got a lifestraws in both, as well as a Sawyer SP126 plus extra bags. Glowsticks, tac flashlight, nitrile gloves, emergency blankets plus actual blanket. Flint, leatherman, FRMS (to be replaced by the CB in the next month or so), trenching tool, inflator and deflator, and a first aid kit. I've got a tub in the garage with canned goods and some dog food, and a small gym bag with a couple of days of clothes. The house is usually stocked with canned soups, food we can each year, and a couple of flats of water.

I should look at getting a proper kit and list together.
Hey man, you are already a lot further ahead than many Americans. It looks like you have put some thought into it. Mine looks the way it does for a few reasons. I have been in a few earthquakes both at home and abroad. I had a couple close call tornado warnings. I have been close to stranded in blizzards. I have had a couple surgeries that made money tight (I have some food at home too). My back is not what it was, so lighter weight is important for actual use. I want to grab and go. If I have to grab and stay...that is even better.

YouTube has a TON of videos on using WallyWorld for supplies and building a bag for cheap. Just about anything you know how to use is better than expensive stuff you don't understand...or having nothing at all.

2015 Trailhawk - Eco Green, 3.2L, Nav, Tow, Cold Weather. MODS: Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain ProGrades 245/70R17; WeatherTech mats, vent shades; Magnaflow exhaust. Rigid SR 20" bar and Rock Lights. JW Speaker fog lights. Blue Ridge Overland Gear panels and bags. Pelican tool box loaded! Bubba Rope and Gators too. Much more....

Trailer: Custom built Montrose aluminum 4.5'Wx6'Lx3'H off-road utility with 3,500 lb Dexter torsion axle. Known as the Zombie Escape Trailer.
Mudman1 is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 05:58 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
Tmugz88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Posts: 253
Garage
Suggestions on a bag that would be affordable but also beneficial? I have my military bag but honestly is like to get something that is a little easier organized, and I don't believe I need two tow straps on the hawk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L V6 Rhino
Cold Weather Group/Tow Group/Bi-Xenon

Replaced

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (Problem Child)
Tmugz88 is offline  
 
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
Alfrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Markham
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman1 View Post
Hey man, you are already a lot further ahead than many Americans. It looks like you have put some thought into it. Mine looks the way it does for a few reasons. I have been in a few earthquakes both at home and abroad. I had a couple close call tornado warnings. I have been close to stranded in blizzards. I have had a couple surgeries that made money tight (I have some food at home too). My back is not what it was, so lighter weight is important for actual use. I want to grab and go. If I have to grab and stay...that is even better.

YouTube has a TON of videos on using WallyWorld for supplies and building a bag for cheap. Just about anything you know how to use is better than expensive stuff you don't understand...or having nothing at all.
I'm Canadian, I spend a significant amount of time driving between the GTA and West Michigan. I also spend time yelling at long haul truckers who get stuck in blizzards and are completely unprepared. No food, drink, blankets or winter gear, you're hauling in Canada, in the winter, you moron!

Costco also has "prepper" supplies now, and you can get weeks of supplies for a decent sum via the website. With what I've got in my Jeep I could last a week, rationing the e-rations. Technically they are three days worth of calories in each car.
Mudman1 likes this.

\ | | | | | | | /

"Hawkeye" 2016 Granite Crystal Metallic TH, 3.2L, Cold Weather group, Tow group, Premium Leather group, 8.4AN HID Headlight upgrade Build date: 09/2015, BFG KO2 265/65/17, RRO Winch mount, RRO Super sliders.

Alfrik is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Elder
 
Mudman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Northwoods
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmugz88 View Post
Suggestions on a bag that would be affordable but also beneficial? I have my military bag but honestly is like to get something that is a little easier organized, and I don't believe I need two tow straps on the hawk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This question is sort of like asking what hiking boots are best. 100% subjective. I now run a Mystery Ranch bag. I have used S.O. Tech and Spec Ops bags in the past. My girlfriend uses an Osprey bag. I would look at if you want one made in USA or overseas. Then your price limit. Then by volume capacity. If you are not going to use it except to hold stuff, great is not needed. I use mine to walk and hike with, plus for camping supplies. Nothing better than practicing with what you plan to use if things go down hill fast. The only suggestion I have is to stay away from 5.11 and Maxpedition bags. They are decent quality, don't get me wrong. But they have a lot of bulk and weight as they use cheaper grades of heavy nylon. You can take that $150 you would spend on a cheap tactical bag and buy a decent hiking bag at Cabela's or REI. You would get a lighter bag that fits better and looks more civilian.

I hope this helps.

2015 Trailhawk - Eco Green, 3.2L, Nav, Tow, Cold Weather. MODS: Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain ProGrades 245/70R17; WeatherTech mats, vent shades; Magnaflow exhaust. Rigid SR 20" bar and Rock Lights. JW Speaker fog lights. Blue Ridge Overland Gear panels and bags. Pelican tool box loaded! Bubba Rope and Gators too. Much more....

Trailer: Custom built Montrose aluminum 4.5'Wx6'Lx3'H off-road utility with 3,500 lb Dexter torsion axle. Known as the Zombie Escape Trailer.
Mudman1 is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Elder
 
Mudman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Northwoods
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfrik View Post
I'm Canadian, I spend a significant amount of time driving between the GTA and West Michigan. I also spend time yelling at long haul truckers who get stuck in blizzards and are completely unprepared. No food, drink, blankets or winter gear, you're hauling in Canada, in the winter, you moron!

Costco also has "prepper" supplies now, and you can get weeks of supplies for a decent sum via the website. With what I've got in my Jeep I could last a week, rationing the e-rations. Technically they are three days worth of calories in each car.
All great points.

2015 Trailhawk - Eco Green, 3.2L, Nav, Tow, Cold Weather. MODS: Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain ProGrades 245/70R17; WeatherTech mats, vent shades; Magnaflow exhaust. Rigid SR 20" bar and Rock Lights. JW Speaker fog lights. Blue Ridge Overland Gear panels and bags. Pelican tool box loaded! Bubba Rope and Gators too. Much more....

Trailer: Custom built Montrose aluminum 4.5'Wx6'Lx3'H off-road utility with 3,500 lb Dexter torsion axle. Known as the Zombie Escape Trailer.
Mudman1 is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
Tmugz88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Posts: 253
Garage
I'll have to look, the plan is to get the bag I want for my jeep but with everything going on with my marriage and having both kids living with me and truthfully probably being awarded full custody , I am trying to also get a more manly diaper bag figured out that is both efficient but also ... manly .


Tmugz
Mudman1 likes this.

2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L V6 Rhino
Cold Weather Group/Tow Group/Bi-Xenon

Replaced

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (Problem Child)
Tmugz88 is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Forum Elder
 
Mudman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Northwoods
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmugz88 View Post
I'll have to look, the plan is to get the bag I want for my jeep but with everything going on with my marriage and having both kids living with me and truthfully probably being awarded full custody , I am trying to also get a more manly diaper bag figured out that is both efficient but also ... manly .


Tmugz
https://tacticalbabygear.com/

Problem solved.

2015 Trailhawk - Eco Green, 3.2L, Nav, Tow, Cold Weather. MODS: Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain ProGrades 245/70R17; WeatherTech mats, vent shades; Magnaflow exhaust. Rigid SR 20" bar and Rock Lights. JW Speaker fog lights. Blue Ridge Overland Gear panels and bags. Pelican tool box loaded! Bubba Rope and Gators too. Much more....

Trailer: Custom built Montrose aluminum 4.5'Wx6'Lx3'H off-road utility with 3,500 lb Dexter torsion axle. Known as the Zombie Escape Trailer.
Mudman1 is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
Tmugz88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Posts: 253
Garage
Over priced for a bag with limited room .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L V6 Rhino
Cold Weather Group/Tow Group/Bi-Xenon

Replaced

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (Problem Child)
Tmugz88 is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Forum Elder
 
Mudman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Northwoods
Posts: 1,963
I tried man.

2015 Trailhawk - Eco Green, 3.2L, Nav, Tow, Cold Weather. MODS: Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain ProGrades 245/70R17; WeatherTech mats, vent shades; Magnaflow exhaust. Rigid SR 20" bar and Rock Lights. JW Speaker fog lights. Blue Ridge Overland Gear panels and bags. Pelican tool box loaded! Bubba Rope and Gators too. Much more....

Trailer: Custom built Montrose aluminum 4.5'Wx6'Lx3'H off-road utility with 3,500 lb Dexter torsion axle. Known as the Zombie Escape Trailer.
Mudman1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ready To Hit the Backroads In OK Tra!lH@wk New Member Introductions 10 03-26-2015 11:43 AM
Uconnect 8.4A (Nav ready) Milan Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 24 02-10-2015 09:04 PM
Nav Ready? enigma96 Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 27 01-20-2015 11:18 PM
Getting ready for Camping Season Hudsonhawk Owners' Garage 17 02-09-2014 08:48 PM
All Wrapped and ready for Off Road!! SoCal Bob 2014+ Jeep Cherokee General Discussion 9 12-15-2013 08:30 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On