Headrest Angle? - 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums
User Tag List

 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8
Garage
Headrest Angle?

Hi


Is there a way to adjust the angle of the headrests? I know they go up and down but how about the fore and back angle.


My two headrest are at very different angles and I can't see how to adjust?
samsled is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Member
 
Captdonno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Middlefield, OH
Posts: 50
Are you certain it's the actual headrests that are at different angles and not the entire seat? Not sure how the power seats are but in my Trailhawk you can raise and lower the rear of the seat, making the whole thing tilt either forward or back. I don't think you can actually adjust the tilt of the headrest, just height. Could be wrong though. Think it's an anti-whiplash thing.

Base Model - Billet Silver - V6 Engine Option - No Hood Decal
Captdonno is offline  
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
I think I can help.

I tried to adjust the seat every which way to make it comfortable. Didn't work.

I went to the dealer, 3 body shops, 2 auto upholstery shops, 2 machine shops, 2 metal fabrication shops. None of them would help bend the metal posts for various reasons.

I finally got so pissed off I did it myself.

After some online research and a trip to Menards I had the proper tools.

I have taken some pics of the process to help show folks how to do it.

I would gladly send the pics to someone to post for all to see. I just won't have time for a couple days

Let me know
KevlarTH is offline  
 
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Hardcore Member
 
Walkingdeadfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dusty Texas Panhandle
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdonno View Post
Are you certain it's the actual headrests that are at different angles and not the entire seat? Not sure how the power seats are but in my Trailhawk you can raise and lower the rear of the seat, making the whole thing tilt either forward or back. I don't think you can actually adjust the tilt of the headrest, just height. Could be wrong though. Think it's an anti-whiplash thing.
And here I thought it was to keep people's heads tilted up that like to lean their car seats waaaay back when they drive.
Walkingdeadfan is offline  
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Hardcore Member
 
rt-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: carrollton, TX
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevlarTH View Post
I think I can help.

I tried to adjust the seat every which way to make it comfortable. Didn't work.

I went to the dealer, 3 body shops, 2 auto upholstery shops, 2 machine shops, 2 metal fabrication shops. None of them would help bend the metal posts for various reasons.

I finally got so pissed off I did it myself.

After some online research and a trip to Menards I had the proper tools.

I have taken some pics of the process to help show folks how to do it.

I would gladly send the pics to someone to post for all to see. I just won't have time for a couple days

Let me know
I gotta give you props for taking the attitude of "I'm as mad as ****, and I'm not going to take this anymore". Most people would just live with it.
UN4GTBL likes this.

2014 Trailhawk
Billet Silver/Morocco Black
V6, Comfort/Convenience Pkg, Leather, Heated seats and wheel, Sunroof, Uconnect, Hood Decal, dual rear tow-hooks, RRO step rails
rt-texas is offline  
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Hardcore Member
 
onefunkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: minnesota
Posts: 1,263
Garage
about 10 years ago they started phasing in headrests that actually work. when rear ended they move to protect your neck. i wouldnt mess with it.
onefunkar is offline  
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Member
 
Captdonno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Middlefield, OH
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingdeadfan View Post
And here I thought it was to keep people's heads tilted up that like to lean their car seats waaaay back when they drive.
Now THAT'S gangsta

Base Model - Billet Silver - V6 Engine Option - No Hood Decal
Captdonno is offline  
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Hardcore Member
 
lfbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 897
Garage
Have just recently gotten my Cherokee. For several reason have not had a chance to drive it much. But , the from headrest look like the tilt too for forward, but maybe that is just the way they are. Do they seem ok to the rest of you?

Sport FWD I4
cold weather group
back up camera
compact spare tire
lfbar is offline  
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Member
 
Gumby357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
about 10 years ago they started phasing in headrests that actually work. when rear ended they move to protect your neck. i wouldnt mess with it.
They are angled that way to prevent whip lash from what I am reading on Chrysler's web sites.
If you get rear ended and get whip lash would be quite about modifying the head rest.

2014 Cherokee Latitude 3.2
2008 Grand Cherokee 3.7
2004 Grand Cherokee 4.0 Totaled in roll over when T-Bone by a F&$# Idiot.
1996 Grand Cherokee 4.0 (Gone but not forgotten)
1986 Comanche 4.0 (Gone but not forgotten)
Gumby357 is offline  
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Hardcore Member
 
lfbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 897
Garage
I thought I made another post but do not see it so....

How does the heardest move. It seems it is so far forward - not sure how it could go forward anymore.

Sport FWD I4
cold weather group
back up camera
compact spare tire
lfbar is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headrest question Daddyman 2014+ Jeep Cherokee General Discussion 18 01-09-2015 03:12 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On