Originally Posted by Boris Kagan (hd277)
I am on market for compact SUV and Cherokee is in the top of my list. I am looking for the Latitude with "True North Package" and UConnect 8.4,
or should I shell out a few more $$ for the Limited, if I can find one without the hole in the roof.
I am kind of horrified reading all the stories about transmission problems. Does anyone have any first hands info if Chrysler fixed this mess for 2017 models?*
I am currently driving Mazda CX-9 and Mazda extended transmission/PTU warranty to 7years/84K miles even problem does not seem to be that wide spread.
Does anyone try to negotiate price for NAV?
Does anyone try to negotiate price of Chrysler Extended Warranty?
I am mostly going to use this vehicle as a around town with some occasional Highway driving - 2.4 or 3.2 ?
How is the ride on 18" wheels compare to 17"?
Any suggestion greatly appreciated.
OK here we go.........................
#1 Limited, but that's your choice. I'd just price them both out side be side. Its all in the options and standard features.
The hole in the roof you will just have to have the dealer find one without for you. If not just cut a better deal and never open it and ignore it.
Its all in the final price.
#2 Transmission issues were resolved in 2015 with the 2016 year model with a hardware change to the ZF. I have a 2014 and no issues with mine.
#3. Negotiate the Navigation when you purchase the vehicle whether its factory installed or Nav. ready. But I would drive out with working Nav. not on a promise for later.
Mine came with factory Nav. and thus was in the price we agreed on.
#4. The extended warranty is available at good discounts on line. Now with you being in Canada I am not sure how it impacts you. but I will give you another one to look at for price.
Most dealers will match that price. Mine came down $850 to match my on-line price over their deal. So there is wiggle room.
Its too bad they do not offer the Max Care Life in Canada.
#5 As far as the engine goes I would go with the 3.2 over the 2.4. I say that only in that performance will be smooth with no lag. Also there is not all that much difference in mpg in my opinion.
But that is just an opinion. Many on this forum are happy with the 2.4. 75% of my driving is around town, not a big city. The other 25% is highway.
#6 18/17 tires, personally it matters not to me. I have 17" on my Limited 3.2 with AD2. It rolls just fine!
Let us know how it turns out for you. Just take your time and don't forget to check the various Jeep dealer's internet listings in your area. Its a great way to shop and find what you want.
In the US they can swap cars with other dealers to get what you want.
Good Luck and you will enjoy that Cherokee.