Just installed my XD kit (4300K Phillips with PWM modules). Thanks to ptrudel for the instructions. A few observations on my install that might help others:
1. As others have reported, I found it easy to access both headlights from the wheel well (with the wheels on). I had the steering wheel turned full right. Just removed the 3 screws holding down the wheel liner and pushing it aside. Strangely, this gave me good access to both sides (i.e. I didn't switch to full left for the passenger side). I didn't need to remove anything and could actually reach down from the engine bay to pull the wires up and adhere the various boxes to the side wall. My experience may not apply to others with larger hands. The whole thing went very quickly. Helps to use one of those cheap, led light headbands.
2. I used the 3/4" forstner bit. Great bit choice, but I think a larger size is needed. I would even go to 1 1/8". While you can disassemble the connector to get through the smaller hole, the grommet I was given was just too big for a 3/4" hole. I ended up with an imperfect hole trying to make it larger, but the grommet is forgiving at covering up any irregularities.
3. If you remember to remove the clear plastic cover from the bulb before doing anything else it's a little easier then having to cut it up.
4. Don't forget to include the big o-ring when you screw the covers back on.
5. I inserted the bulbs with the wire at 6 o'clock as someone suggested and rotated clockwise in place. The passenger side bulb actually went in at something more like 7 or 8 o'clock.
All in all, a great product, easy install (no polarity issues) and pleased with the result.
15 TH Anvil, Tech, C/C, Safety, UConnect 8.4AN. Mods: RAX, Sharkfin Antenna, Android Box, XD HID 4300K, Aussie Lift (HazardSky), BFG KO2 255/70R17