White Fog Light Bulb - 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums
User Tag List

 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mark_
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member
 
graniteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NL, Canada
Posts: 111
White Fog Light Bulb

Have anyone replaced the oem fog lights on their TH with a whiter colored bulb. I ordered the Philips crystal vision for the headlights and would like to match the fog lights.

"Hold back the water, I gotta find time to burn"
graniteman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 03:34 AM
Hardcore Member
 
Renthorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dexter Michigan
Posts: 744
I replaced the bulbs with LED's and they match the DRL's perfectly and are very bright.

Got the LED's from a vendor on here but can't recall name at this moment. I'll dig around if you need me to but it's the same one a lot of us purchased from so it's got to be in several threads.
Renthorin is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member
 
graniteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NL, Canada
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthorin View Post
I replaced the bulbs with LED's and they match the DRL's perfectly and are very bright.

Got the LED's from a vendor on here but can't recall name at this moment. I'll dig around if you need me to but it's the same one a lot of us purchased from so it's got to be in several threads.
Thanks man, appreciate it.
I can't believe with all the light talk on here, no one has an answer. I tried searching but couldn't find an answer.

"Hold back the water, I gotta find time to burn"
graniteman is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 05:20 PM
Forum Elder
 
Mark_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteman View Post
Thanks man, appreciate it.
I can't believe with all the light talk on here, no one has an answer. I tried searching but couldn't find an answer.
Well, sorry, but your question is kinda loaded. You're buying 4000K headlight bulbs (they are tinted blue to achieve this), which no one else but @Len1304 has (that I know of), and you are surprised no one is answering... 4000K will not be easy to match in a fog light bulb. And if you have any significant fog where you live, you should be looking for yellow film or yellow bulbs, not 4000K. With the lightbar and all, why the need for white fog lights ? For looks ?

Well anyway good luck with that...
mowcowbell and mckaygreenix like this.

My avatar is the Elder Predator (goes well with my forum status and overall temper )
2015 North (Canada) - V6 - AD1
Cold, Tow, 8.4A, 9 speakers with sub
Mark_ is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
 
Len1304's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hurst, Tx
Posts: 3,949
Garage
I agree with mark. Getting them to match without going all led or all HID is going to be next to impossible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk v6 (TOTALED)
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk v6

Contact me privately via Instagram @Len1304

Check out my album: http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/Len1304/story

http://jeepcherokeeclub.com/4-2014-2...rum-rules.html
Len1304 is online now  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Hardcore Member
 
Renthorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dexter Michigan
Posts: 744
I think I got my led fog light 'bulbs' from KBcarstuff.com but now I think that is xenondepot?

XD-PSX24W-LED is what I got from KB

Last edited by Renthorin; 01-19-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Renthorin is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:47 PM
Forum Elder
 
Mark_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthorin View Post
I think I got my led fog light 'bulbs' from KBcarstuff.com but now I think that is xenondepot?

XD-PSX24W-LED is what I got from KB
KB and XD are the same

The name changed a while ago. The *XD* in your LED bulb name means XenonDepot I'm pretty sure.

My avatar is the Elder Predator (goes well with my forum status and overall temper )
2015 North (Canada) - V6 - AD1
Cold, Tow, 8.4A, 9 speakers with sub

Last edited by Mark_; 01-20-2017 at 12:45 AM. Reason: typo edit - late oops
Mark_ is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member
 
graniteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NL, Canada
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_ View Post
Well, sorry, but your question is kinda loaded. You're buying 4000K headlight bulbs (they are tinted blue to achieve this), which no one else but @Len1304 has (that I know of), and you are surprised no one is answering... 4000K will not be easy to match in a fog light bulb. And if you have any significant fog where you live, you should be looking for yellow film or yellow bulbs, not 4000K. With the lightbar and all, why the need for white fog lights ? For looks ?

Well anyway good luck with that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len1304 View Post
I agree with mark. Getting them to match without going all led or all HID is going to be next to impossible



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info

"Hold back the water, I gotta find time to burn"
graniteman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cherokee Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Bulb Options! New XML2 Added! Plug and Play!! Diode Dynamics Diode Dynamics 70 04-28-2017 08:55 AM
2016 T-Hawk fog light bulb replacement beware ArcticLyn Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 9 01-21-2016 12:19 AM
Fog light bulb plug and play... How to access light? Eugene the Jeep Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 2 08-19-2015 10:53 AM
6Pcs T4/T4.2 Neo Wedge White LED Bulb Dash Switch Panel Indicator Light Jeep Cherokee Parts Jeep Cherokee eBay Classifieds 0 12-07-2014 12:20 PM
2x White 12smd LED Dome / Map Light Bulb For Car Interior Panel Lamp DL2 Jeep Cherokee Parts Jeep Cherokee eBay Classifieds 0 12-06-2014 05:40 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On