New uconnect - 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums
User Tag List

 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tunez
  • 1 Post By jazzrome
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 101
New uconnect

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet but check it out... the new uconnect looks awesome, does anyone know if its possible to upgrade on an old vehicle... would it have to be after market or would a dealer be willing to do it...

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/10/15...id-auto-review
Array and LeoKnightas like this.
Tunez is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunez View Post
Don't know if anyone has seen this yet but check it out... the new uconnect looks awesome, does anyone know if its possible to upgrade on an old vehicle... would it have to be after market or would a dealer be willing to do it...

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/10/15...id-auto-review
Give the people at navrepair.com a call they are the only company I found that sells replacement factory head units that fit my vehicle. I change mine out with a kit I purchase from them. But be forewarned they usually do not answer the phone and email seems the best way to get in touch with them. Don't know if they have this head unit yet but it's worth a try. But it could cost you over a grand for the upgrade. That's about what mine cost.
jazzrome is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrome View Post
Give the people at navrepair.com a call they are the only company I found that sells replacement factory head units that fit my vehicle. I change mine out with a kit I purchase from them. But be forewarned they usually do not answer the phone and email seems the best way to get in touch with them. Don't know if they have this head unit yet but it's worth a try. But it could cost you over a grand for the upgrade. That's about what mine cost.
I stand corrected just checked my records you will have to contact https://www.infotainment.com for the radio upgrade this is where I got the new head unit. I got the nav system activation code from navrepair for my previous radio because the dealer wanted more that double to activate the maps.
Tunez likes this.
jazzrome is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 101
wow $1399 thats upsetting
Tunez is online now  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:28 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 220
What I really wish FCA will do, is to make the screen tilt-able from side to side. Some times, due to the light reflection, I cannot see the screen clearly. With me portable GPS unit, I can rotate the unit, which I cannot do with UConnect.

2015 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Limited V6 w/ Uconnect 8.4AN
Robo606 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Hardcore Member
 
dhh3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 1,190
Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo606 View Post
What I really wish FCA will do, is to make the screen tilt-able from side to side. Some times, due to the light reflection, I cannot see the screen clearly. With me portable GPS unit, I can rotate the unit, which I cannot do with UConnect.
My screen disappears when I open the sunroof!

I was positively hoping it could be a software update to gain Apple CarPlay. But, the article said 4th generation which tells me that it is new hardware; maybe a new processor.

oemautopartsco.com also sells Uconnect radios and screens. I have purchased three radios in the past, and they are awesome people with who to deal.

2016 Cherokee Trailhawk: Mango Tango Pearl Coat over Black.
OPTIONS: Every Available Factory Option/Package Except Remote CD Player.
MODS: Whispbars; Mopar Cargo Cover; Mopar Cargo Mat; Mopar/KICKER 9 Speaker Upgrade; KICKER Sub and Amp; Ziebart Undercoating; aFe CAI.
FUTURE MODS: Remote CD Player; Mopar Rock Rails; Rear Fog Lights.
dhh3 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconnect rski Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 1 09-06-2016 08:56 AM
Is Uconnect terrible, Pandora terrible on Uconnect or BOTH??? snatraps99 2014+ Jeep Cherokee General Discussion 25 04-27-2016 09:41 PM
Uconnect, why? Asylum9 Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 17 09-03-2015 03:35 AM
A few Uconnect ?'s jeepjules Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 17 01-04-2014 04:00 PM
UConnect (UConnect Access) Cherokee Steve Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 1 08-23-2013 03:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On