FIXED for uBlock Origin (uBO)
What I suggested in post #38 works. It allows the Verticalscope scripts to run and do their thing, and then uBO can be turned back on to block ads. But it is an additional several steps that aren't necessary.
I did not want to spend time learning more about uBO, but I did after Dayle in post #39 mentioned the Verticalscope scripts need to run otherwise certain functionalities of the site are broken.
Here's why putting 'verticalscope.com' in uBO's whitelist pane doesn't work. From uBO's wiki: "uBO will try to match the URL of the page in the address bar against the existing whitelist directives. When there is a match, uBO will be disabled for that page." Verticalscope.com is a domain and does not appear in the address bar, therefore a match never occurs.
Here are the steps to take in uBlock Origin that uses dynamic filtering to enable the scripts at the Verticalscope domain to run, but still blocks the ads. I'm doing this in Chrome, so navigation may be different in other browsers, but the concept is the same.
1) Right click the uBO icon at the top right of the browser.
2) Click the Options
selection in the drop down menu.
3) Select the Settings
tab in the new browser tab that opens.
4) Click the checkbox next to I am an advanced user
5) Open a new tab and go to the JCC site.
6) Left click the uBO icon at the top right of the browser and scroll down to the Verticalscope.com
7) In the 3rd column (local dynamic filtering), left click in the left part of that column to turn it Green. The 2nd column is global; don't use that.
8) Click the padlock image to lock it in.
Now you can go to the JCC site, leave uBO on, and the JCC site works the way it used to when the member signed in.