2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Zonies?

9K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Jet driver 
#1 ·
So, I am a recently new member and I don't see too many posts in this side of the forum. After having my Cherokee Trailhawk for under a month it has been my goal to find Arizona trails and mountains to explore them.

So, three hours after the purchase, Mingus Mountain:

A few weeks later, Mt Graham:

See less See more
#2 ·
There are a few Zonies around here.
We had a couple here at a trail run back in the spring.

Love the pics. Mingus.... to Graham.... quite a spread there. Nicely done.

#4 · (Edited)
Try this website... type in Arizona and use the filter to go to "off highway drives" and it will show you all the off road trails for anywhere in the state when you zoom out. Click on the little truck icons for info about that trail. You can also use it for any state.

http://www.trails.com/

#7 ·
Mingus is up north, yes. Graham is down south.

For other trails, try:
Back way to Crown King
Table Mesa
Sheeps Bridge (multiple trail options)

Or find a good club. Most are dominated by Wranglers, and some (from my own experience) look down on anything but Wranglers. But others (AZ Virtual Jeep Club comes to mind) are open to everyone.

#8 ·
Mingus mountain is right out of Prescott Valley on 89A. Fun way to go from Prescott to Sedona through Jerome.

#9 ·
And Oak Creek.

#11 ·
Mingus Mountain... looking a little different from the OP's pic. Right at the top of the pass uphill from Jerome. Beautiful country.

(this is a couple of years ago in my previous Patriot)

#14 ·
That 2nd photo there is stunning. Arizona is just loaded with places like that. Keep up the good work.

#20 ·
MD11... keep this thread up to date. I too have a son up at NAU. It's a bit of a closer drive for me, but have been dying to go up there with him for a weekend and run some trails around Moab.

#26 ·
TheSaug, I bought a new 15 TH on October 4th, then went up to Mingus Mtn on October 11th. I did the Martin Canyon Trail past "Smiley Rock" and up towards Perkinsville. It was a 2.5-3 rated trail but due to the Monsoon Rains the dirt was all washed out leaving lots and lots of rocks and kickiing it up to close to a 4 rating. After punching a hole in the L/F Firestone AT sidewall, trashing my right rocker panel, caving in the plastic facia under the L/F headlight and ripping off some plastic trim around the L/F wheel I made it through. It took every bit of the lift, skidplates, low range and Rock Mode along with the rear locker to get through. A couple of the guys in our group were from York Jeep in Prescott and were amazed at the capabilities of the vehicle. Too bad that didn't help with the damages and getting them all fixed. There are lots of trails in both the Mingus and Bradshaw Mtns that will challenge a Trailhawk but believe me, it can take them on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.